Sign-up to recieve emergency text blaststext "Lakeviewsitin" to 41411
- RT @ActionNowChi: “@KenzoShibata: SUPPORT NEEDED at #LafayetteOccupation, 2714 W. Augusta Blvd #CPSclosings | Food donations are also encou… 4 years ago
- You have to laugh about OUSD's Tony Smith's idea to hightail it to Chicago to escape Oakland problems #lafayetteoccupation 4 years ago
- We are so proud of you Chicago. You've really shown the nation the heart and soul of the anti-closure fight. #lafayetteoccupation 4 years ago
- Parents/students/teachers Occupy their school to protest closures. Right on. chicago.indymedia.org/node/18155 4 years ago
- School Tomorrow! Come visit us at Splash Pad Park across from Lakeview. The fight continues! 4 years ago
Monthly Archives: June 2012
You are Cordially Invited to: Dinner and a Movie at the Lakeview Sit-In Sunday, July 1st – 6 pm Dear friends, comrades, neighbors, and colleagues, Please join us to celebrate Day 16 of the Lakeview Sit-In and the People’s School with … Continue reading
Just to remind everyone, we are not in this struggle to simply reopen the 5 schools, we are here for the long-term commitment to quality public education. IN light of that… The districts recent effort to cut back spending is … Continue reading
Day 7 of the The Peoples School. We had 10 new students today! Day 11 of sit in.
Students leading the way in this march and in the fight for quality, fully-funded PUBLIC EDUCATION!
The People’s School Board Meeting Wednesday June 27th: Support the Lakeview Sit-in and Share your Vision
Share your vision for Oakland schools and your ideas for how to transform our public education system! Hold Tony Smith and the school board accountable to the people they are supposed to serve! Demand the district reverse the school closures, … Continue reading
Dear Brothers and Sisters, We are writing to declare our support for the parents, teachers, and community member sit-in and People’s School for Public Education at Lakeview Elementary in Oakland, and to urge full labor support and outreach for this fight to … Continue reading